A few tips to consider when buying a home
Know what you can afford:
- Choose a local lender and get preapproved. I am more than happy to offer you a recommendation to someone who I trust and work with often.
- Ask your lender about different types of loans, as some might work better for your situation than another.
Determine your “must-have’s” in a house:
- Choose an area! I would love to help you with this decision. I know New Orleans neighborhoods extremely well and can provide insight into this decision
- How many bedrooms do you need? Bathrooms? Do you need off-street parking? A backyard? These are all factors to keep in mind!
Other things to consider:
- Nearby schools, churches and parks
- How much are you able to put down? Will you need closing costs covered?